How to Put Together Your Tennis Recruiting Video!
In order to strengthen your Athleticademix profile, we will need to add match/training video footage of you so that college coaches can see you in action and assess you in more detail. *The vast majority of college coaches will only be interested in seeing match footage, but some practice clips are fine to add in as well.
We’d advise using a computer/laptop to do this – please don’t use your phone (this limits the quality and can affect the size of the playback screen when watched on a laptop in future – making it harder for coaches to assess you). You can use iMovie or Windows Media Player for this, or you can find other apps online if preferred.
Once you’re happy with your clips – please send them as a file to me via email. If your file is too large to send in an email, we recommend sending it via Filemail.com or WeTransfer.cominstead (for free).
Below is some further tips and an example of what your video highlights should look like:
- Aim for approx. 5-10mins of highlights in total from different matches. If you can get more than 10mins, that’s great, but prioritise quality over quantity! If you only have say 2-3 mins of clips to begin with, send what you have for now. You can then add to your clips in future once you obtain more.
- Coaches will also be looking at the competitive level of your opponents and teammates on film, so bear this in mind and only include clips against strong opposition.
- Make sure you’re clearly identified at the beginning of each clip! – either use arrows or circles to indicate yourself, or at the very least add a note in to say something like “wearing the red cap” or “green top”, etc.
- Please also try to obtain footage of a full match that we can upload it to your profile, alongside the highlights, as coaches may ask to see one.
- Music – feel free to add music in the background, but please do not use any music with offensive language because we will not upload it.
- You can add in an info slide about yourself at the start of your video, it should include your name, date of birth, UTR ranking, year you intend to begin in the US (e.g. Fall 2023 or Fall 2024, etc).
Remember, we will add in more details in the profile and the emails we send to coaches on your behalf, so you only need your basic info above for this part.
If you have any questions, please let us know.