How to Put Together Your Rugby Recruiting Video!
In order to strengthen your Athleticademix profile, we will need to add match video highlight footage of you so that college coaches can see you in action and assess you in more detail. *The vast majority of college coaches will only be interested in seeing match footage, not training footage. But you can add in 7’s footage if you have any!
Please put together any match highlight clips you have available and combine them into one reel. We’d advise using iMovie or Windows Media Player for this, or you can find other apps online if preferred.
Once you’re happy with your clips – please send them as a file to me via email. If your file is too large to send in an email, we recommend sending it via Filemail.com or WeTransfer.cominstead (for free).
*If you have footage on platforms such as Hudl, it may be difficult to download the clips. Here, we recommend you ’screen record’ the clips you want to take from it.
Below is some further tips and an example of what your video highlights should look like:
- Aim for approx. 7-10mins of highlights in total from different matches. If you can get more than 10mins, that’s great, but prioritise quality over quantity! If you only have say 4-5 mins of clips to begin with, send what you have for now. You can then add to your clips in future once you obtain more.
- Coaches will also be looking at the competitive level of your opponents and teammates on film, so bear this in mind and only include clips against strong opposition.
- Make sure you’re clearly identified at the beginning of each clip! – either use arrows or circles to indicate yourself on every clip.
Click HERE for tips on how to do this.
- Please also try to obtain a full match that we can upload it to your profile, alongside the highlights, as coaches will likely request to see one.
- Music – feel free to add music in the background, but please do not use any music with offensive language because we will not upload it.
- You can add in an info slide about yourself at the start of your video, it should include your name, date of birth, position(s) and year you intend to begin in the US (e.g. Fall 2023 or Fall 2024, etc).
Remember, we will add in more details in the profile and the emails we send to coaches on your behalf, so you only need your basic info above for this part.
If you have any questions, please let us know.